Important Information for Residents
THE BOROUGH OF CHALFANT
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes:
● July 13, 2022
Approval of Bank Balances
Approval of Payment for Bills for the Month After Being Properly Countersigned
Approval of the Tax Collection Report as Read
Finance and Administration:
● Motion to transfer $38,000 from the GFMM account to the GF Checking account to cover to cost of the August invoices.
● Motion to pay the borough credit card invoice in the amount of $198.93 for the purchase of a POW-MIA flag and a Poly-Max American flag from American Flags
Permits and Ordinances
● Motion to pass Ordinance 439; an ordinance providing the registration, licensing, regulation and inspection of non-owner occupied units; establishing penalties for violations; effective January 1, 2023.
Roads and Public Works
Health and Sanitation
● Motion to pass Resolution 569 allowing the sale of alcohol at the Chalfant Community Day to be held on Sunday, 8/14/22.
● Motion to transfer $293.90 from the General Fund Money Market Account to the designated WHEMS account. This was the amount of WHEMS tax collected in July.
Parks and Recreation/Borough Property
● Motion to refund Chalfant property owner, Robert Badstibner, in the amount of $755.00 for damage to the gutter at 337 Elizabeth Ave. that occurred when a part of a borough tree fell onto his property.
● Motion to repair the collapsed storm drain in the vicinity of 300 Chalfant St.; Council will ratify the cost of the repair at the next meeting after the invoice is received.
● The borough has received an additional $127.41 in first- round ARPA funds. Motion to transfer $127.41 from the ARPA Money Market Account to the General Fund Checking to pay government services. We are still awaiting the second-round disbursement of ARPA funds.
CHALFANT COMMUNITY DAY
Chalfant Community Day will be held on August 14th from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Chalfant Servicemen’s Memorial Park. We hope that you will join us for a day of live music from Tripp Lotus, Jerry DeMaria, and Dallas Marks, delicious food from Tugboats, Pittsburgh Smokehouse, Roll Up Food Truck, Dosa Cupcakes, and Dee’s Delights, face painting, balloon art, wine slushies, 50/50 and silent auction. Admission is free; proceeds from sales will benefit the Chalfant Crime Watch.
INFORMATION ABOUT INVASIVE SPECIES
Residents are Advised to Check Tax Statement Address
Notice to all Homeowners in Chalfant Borough.
It has been brought to my attention, with the mailing of the 2021 Chalfant Borough Tax Statements, that there are many incorrect mailing addresses for these statements. We do our best to record new owners and addresses provided by Allegheny County, but even on their site information isn’t always correct.
With the high number of Mortgages being sold and people refinancing, the County and the Chalfant tax collector don’t always get the new information quickly enough. It is the responsibility of all homeowners to advise the County and the local tax collector of any changes in the mailing address of tax statements. If you or your mortgage company don’t receive a tax statement, that does not excuse you from paying. A lot of these mailings do not get returned to me because they are deliverable, but that person may not live there any longer or that mortgage company may no longer hold your mortgage.
Chalfant Borough Tax Statements are mailed on March 1st of the year, Allegheny County Tax Statements are mailed on March 1st of the year and the Woodland Hills School District Tax Statements are mailed on July 1st of the year.
If you do not receive these, it is the Homeowner’s responsibility to advise the taxing agencies immediately. In doing so, the homeowner avoids the unpaid tax being turned over to Jordan Tax Services as a delinquent account.
Always remember to report the following: New Mortgage Company and mailing address(due to refinancing or mortgage being sold to another mortgage holder) Tax Statements to be mailed to a different branch or locations of the mortgage holder. The payoff of the mortgage, need to advise of new mailing address of Tax Statements. Homeowners renting a property, need to advise of your (property owner) new mailing address for Tax Statements.
In reporting all these things to the taxing agency, it can help keep you, the homeowner, receiving your tax statements and therefore not having your account go delinquent. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please call me at 412-824-3283 or email me at email@example.comYour cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Carol A Donahue/ Chalfant Tax Collector